To promote your vacancy or advertise a tender, please contact Geraldine Chiverton, email: email@example.com or call: 020 7633 4521
As the air quality sector’s leading information hub with over 10,000 monthly visitors to our website there really is no better place to advertise your vacancy. Gain additional exposure when advertising a job on AIRQUALITYNEWS.COM –your listing will also be featured on our sister news portal, letsrecycle.com reaching an additional 26,000 readers a month.
With a proven track record of successful placements over the last three years you can make substantial savings in comparison to recruitment consultants.
You can raise your profile further by being included in our
- Jobs by email
- Social media connections
- Job of the week
Air Quality Consultant, Nationwide
The Exciting Opportunity
Owing to our continued success, we are now looking to recruit a high calibre Consultant or Senior Air Quality Consultant with proven consultancy experience to work within our Environmental Planning team. You will be engaged upon an extensive portfolio of exciting schemes and we’ll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go. This role can be based from either of our regional office locations – Croydon, Warrington, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Bristol or Cardiff.
Overview of Role:
The air quality team is expanding with the increased workload from clients. You will be required to undertake air quality impact assessments for a range of projects including roads, developments and industrial facilities.
Our team is involved in some of the UK’s most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding including Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects, energy, infrastructure and residential developments. Our clients include National Grid, Welsh Water, TfL, the Homes and Communities Agency, Welsh Government, Highways England and the Canal & River Trust together with a range of private developers and local authorities.
- Dispersion modelling of road traffic and industrial pollution sources.
- Writing air quality reports to accompany planning applications and Environment Impact Assessments.
- Preparing scope of works and fee proposals.
- Mentoring and supporting junior air quality staff.
- Working with the UK air quality team to deliver assessments to tight deadlines.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis
What You have to Offer:
- A degree in a relevant scientific discipline, and preferably also a postgraduate degree.
- Experience of undertaking air quality assessments for a range of projects including highway schemes and developments in the UK.
- A good understanding of UK air quality legislation, policy and guidance including Design Manual for Roads Bridges (DMRB) and UK Institute of Air Quality Management (IAQM).
- Experience in air quality modelling software packages ADMS and Breeze AERMOD.
- Experience of using the air quality modelling tools issued by Defra.
- Recent experience of delivering road scheme projects in accordance with DMRB and associated Interim Advice Notes.
- Experience in using GIS software, such as ArcGIS and MapInfo.
- Experience of interpreting air quality monitoring data.
- High level of proficiency in using Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Highly motivated and committed.
- Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner.
- Excellent written skills, with good attention to detail.
- Good team player with excellent time management skills.
- Well-motivated and able to work to tight deadlines.
Arcadis is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health, safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit:www.arcadis.com.
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
For some levels, PMI and Income Protection is paid for
Highly competitive salary
Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell
One of the best contributory pensions in the industry, Pension matched to 8%
Interest free Season Ticket Loan
Flexible Benefits Allowance, with the option of spending this on:
Private Medical Insurance
Cycle to work scheme
And Lots more!
Annual Professional Subscription Paid
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Long Term Service Awards
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
Opportunity to invest in the Arcadis staff discounted share scheme
Contact: Michelle O’Donovan at Michelle.ODonovan@arcadis.com
Environmental Sales & Business Development Manager
FULL TIME, Worcester
We are a leading accredited Air Quality & Environmental Consultancy based in the West Midlands.
We are growing and are now looking to recruit an experienced Sales & Business Development Manager to proactively drive the growth of the Company’s Environmental Services, in air quality monitoring and compliance. The role holder will achieve this by building critical relationships with existing clients and prospective customers that will generate sales and continuous income for the business. The appointed candidate will work closely with the Board in the strategic development of the market offerings of the Environmental Services in support of the overall Business Strategy.
As the company offers specialised services, the ideal candidate will have previous sales experience in environmental services and/or environmental consultancy and some knowledge of air quality and emissions monitoring. They will be personable, flexible and able to adapt to represent the Company in a professional, ethical and competent manner. This is a permanent position based at our offices in Worcester, with an element of travel across the UK. We are offering a competitive salary with additional bonus.
- Meeting and where possible exceeding sales targets for Environmental Services
- Preparation of proposals and tenders for Environmental Services together with supporting documentation
- Building and maintaining relationships with both existing and potential clients
- Liaising with clients/contacts, performing site visits and creating Site Reviews and Site-Specific Protocols
- Defining appropriate sampling and analysis methodology (with the support of our technical consultants)
- Management of the sales pipeline for Environmental Services, including generation of monthly and quarterly sales plans
- Customer service as per business/sales strategy
- Attending relevant seminars, exhibitions and conferences
- Maintaining up to date records on CRM and financial systems
- Proven sales experience in environmental services or environmental consultancy, demonstrating an aptitude to grow sales at both existing and new accounts
- A science graduate with strong scientific and technical credentials preferred, however experience will be considered
- Solid knowledge of the environmental sector
- Experience in Air Quality regulation, measurement and permitting
- Proven experience of developing sales strategies in accordance with business plans
- Previous management experience would be beneficial
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Location: Home based with UK Travel
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: Competitive with additional bonus
For further information, please contact Rebecca Munson at Rebecca.Munson@airspectrum.com
Air Quality Consultant – Basingstoke
Due to a sustained high demand for our services, Hawkins Environmental are looking to recruit an Air Quality Consultant to carry out air quality assessments for planning applications, based in our new offices in central Basingstoke.
Hawkins Environmental is a small multi-disciplinary urban environmental consultancy specialising in noise/vibration, daylight/sunlight and air quality/odour/dust assessments for planning applications. With a varied portfolio of returning clients, our team works on a wide range of projects across the country. Recent projects include sports stadiums, residential developments, supermarkets, libraries, offices, care homes and even a zoo!
Successful applicants would expect their work at Hawkins Environmental to include:
- Air quality assessments for residential developments;
- Air quality impact assessments of the traffic impacts of proposed developments;
- Assessment of combustion plant (CHP, Biomass etc.);
- Odour assessments;
- Dispersion modelling;
- Dust monitoring;
- NO2 diffusion tube surveys;
- Air quality neutral assessments;
- Construction dust risk assessments;
- Report writing;
- Preparation of Environmental Statement chapters.
We are looking for an enthusiastic graduate, with either a BSc or MSc in a relevant discipline, with up to four years of relevant experience and a full UK driving licence. You must have excellent written and oral communication skills, with excellent numerical skills and be competent at using Microsoft Excel and Word. In addition, knowledge of air quality legislation and the planning and EIA process, as well as experience of air quality dispersion modelling software (ADMS or Breeze) would put applicants at a distinct advantage. Applicants showing a willingness and interest in also conducting noise and vibration assessments would also be considered favourably. This position would suit recent graduates, looking to enter the field of environmental consultancy and specifically air quality, or those in the early years of their careers.
For further information, please call Nick Hawkins on 01256 522332 or send your CV with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org